Our Family Program includes:
- Weekly phone updates for family members from assigned Counselor
- Biweekly phone check-ins with a member of our family service department
- Monthly family workshop
- Three Education, Family Focused Modules: Cycle of Addiction, Codependency and Boundaries, Family Roles and Shame
- Family Process Groups
- Family Speaker Meeting
How Family Treatment Works
When one family member is struggling with addiction, the entire family is struggling to some extent. Our Family Services Department works with the family to:
- Improve communication skills
- Discuss difficult topics
- Work through family dysfunction
- Resolve conflict
- Identify and avoid enabling behaviors
- Establish healthy boundaries
- Rebuild trust
- Learn about family dynamics and the roles family members play
- Help locate Family Support Groups in your area
- Help locate a Family Therapist in your area
- Suggest helpful literature for family members
Families also learn about the risks of enabling and codependent behaviors. For many people struggling with addiction, enabling and codependency are key ingredients in keeping the addiction alive. If these issues go unaddressed, it increases the risk of relapse.
We Help Families Heal
It’s critical for families to be involved in their loved one’s treatment, not just to improve their understanding of addiction and undo the damages it causes, but because family serves as a built-in support system. When a client has a strong foundation of family support, it dramatically improves their chances of lasting sobriety.
At Spearhead Lodge, we encourage families to be involved with their loved one’s treatment because it’s often the difference between a lifetime embattled in addiction and one in recovery.
Contact us at 1-888-483-0528 to learn more about our Family Program and how our recovery services can help everyone in your family heal.